I had decided to do this audience survey because it would give me a narrow view of what people are looking for in my documentary. The people that I have interview were peers from my class. The reason why I had decided to interview them was because they are part of my target audience- they have a overall understanding of how documentary look as most peers in my class enjoy watching them and also their views will be quite varied. Overall deciding to do interviews was a great idea. I say this because after questioning my peers and my target audience I had got a narrower view of what my documentary would look like. When interviewing Leona she gave me the idea of making my documentary as journey to solve a problem well trying to solve a problem, as her and my other peers and audience think that it would make he documentary more interesting and empathetic.
I also found out that my documentary should include the following:
- Interesting shot angles
- Visual stimulus- Shane thinks that if I show parts of things that happened to the victim it would make the documentary more interesting as you are actually documenting the true story which goes with theme
- Background on the topic
- Explain the topic
- See people who have been through the problem
- Have a problem in the beginning and solve it at the end
- Telling us things that people don’t know
- Information about migration in the UK
Overall consuming this interview was good primary research source as it has helped me picture how my documentary will look like.